J. Michael Tatum, a reclusive fanboy-turned-voice actor/writer/ADR director/flake extraordinaire spent more years than he cares to remember in what might charitably be described as freefall before landing, mostly by accident, smack dab on the industry of his dreams. To this day, some believe the small crater made by the impact remains the source of his power. He has performed in an amazing number of shows, and has branched into ADR directing and adaptive screenwriting for Funimation as well!
Otafest Aurora 2014 is a one-day festival held at SAIT Polytechnic.
Cherami Leigh has been in the industry for 20 years. She has been in over 75 commercials, and has worked on over 100 anime projects including "Lucy" in Fairy Tail, "Asuna" in Sword Art Online, "Road" in D.Gray-man, and more!
If you'd like to meet Cherami, buy your tickets to Otafest Aurora now!
We are proud to present the first guests in our lineup for Aurora 2014: Twinfools & Nova!
Twinfools and Nova are members of the Canadian cosplay group Fighting Dreamers Production (FDP for short). Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, they have been cosplaying from a range of different genres: anime, manga, video games, comics, film, and cartoons for the past 6 years since the group's inception.
Welcome to the Otafest Aurora 2014 website!
This is a big year for us, Aurora 2013 broke the record for one-day attendance and so we've upgraded our venue to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. SAIT boasts a beautiful campus (even in the winter!) with a number of great photo op locations! The buildings are further away from roads and traffic so it is quiet and safe.
We also have much more room for our Vendors and Artist Alley area in a high ceiling area with natural lighting!
Our Gala is back and will be bigger and better than before! Make sure you buy your tickets quickly, they sell out earlier every year!
For those new to Otafest Aurora, the gala is the grandest event we've premiered since pioneering a new winter convention! Enjoy a catered buffet dinner and dance with your favourite selection of music. Formal dress isn't required for this event - cosplay is always acceptable! But shining up a dressed-up cosplay sure adds an air of mystery and prestige to your character! Gala passes include festival admission, so you can check out the festival during the day as well.
Thank you for coming to Otafest 2014!
We hope you're recovering well, most of the staff are waking up from their "Ota-coma" just now.
We couldn't be more proud of our community right now. 7,787 people came together to raise $13,500 for the Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society! Both of these numbers are groundbreaking, this year had the highest attendance numbers as well as the highest amount of money raised for charity in Otafest's history and it's all thanks to you.
If you missed the closing ceremonies, here's a recap of some of our winners:
- Best in Show - Izy C as Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
- Fan Favourite - The One Piece Crew (One Piece)
- Best Performance - Kitara Projects
- Best Costume - John H as Horologium (Fairy Tail)
- Most Authentic - Hanna D and Jenn McD as Hungary and Austria (Hetalia)
- Director's Choice - Andrew N and Andrew W as Link and Gannondorf (Zelda)
Cosplay Showcase (click on names for photos!)
- Best Expert - Daina F as Bethany Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
- Best Journeyman - Jennifer P as Ice Drake (Shyuana)
- Best Novice - Dorothy T as Daedric Armour (Skyrim)
- Best Prop - Monique M as Gomamon & Gatomon (Digimon Adventure)
- Judge's Choice - Alison M as Kougyoku Ren (Magi: The Kingdom of Magic)
- Judge's Choice - Carly K as Cherlyn (Granado Espada)
- Judge's Choice - Jessica W as Cardcaptor Sakura (CCS)
- Judge's Choice - Sarah S & Stefan C as Winter & Summer Fauns (Original Character)
- YaYa's Choice - Izy C as Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
Mr & Ms Otafest
- Mr.Otafest - Calvin B
- Ms.Otafest - Maria A
And of course, our charity punishment event:
We hope to see you at SAIT for Otafest Aurora on November 29, 2014!